Wednesday, April 4, 2012

D is for..... all those who dream big!

Captured at the GirlEng Weekend Camp 2011.


Everyday I hear people complaining about how sad their life is, how they wish they could achieve more, "if only they had the chance before" or most commonly, the "I'm just not lucky enough" line. Try then explaining to them what the reason could possibly be for this misery of theirs, and the first reply you'll get: "You think I don't know that?"

Yes, we all know the story that in order "to get it, you got to dream it" but dreaming isn't enough. It is just the first step. Believing in that dream and seeing it through to reality is where all the work lies and quite frankly, in this day and age there aren't many that actually make it to this stage. People know about dreaming but knowing doesn't necessarily mean understanding. 

Having recently read a blog post by Melissa McCreery entitled "Are You Dreaming Big Enough?", I thought it was only right to share it. Here's a snippet of what she had to say:

Here’s what I know: 
1. The bigger we allow ourselves to dream, the more we accomplish and the more we start to see what is possible. 
2. We don’t have to be any more amazing than we already are to do amazing things. 
3. We don’t have to know exactly how we are going to make our dream come true in order to start pursuing it. But we do need to HAVE the dream. We do need to have a clear intention that we’re going to do whatever-it-is and we do have to create space in our life for our dreams to emerge.
4. Big dreams usually don’t require immediate big steps. Small, steady, consistent steps tend to create the most solid and enduring results.


Go ahead, Dream Big! but don't forget to start taking those small steps right after.

To read more on Melissa McCreey's blog post, click here





4 comments:

  1. Great advice. I need to work on the small steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to have helped. :) Wishing you the best on realizing your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful "D" topic. I confess I do dream big and often. I try to remember them and focus on how to create the outcome I want.
    I do believe that our dream world helps shape the real one.


    Jenny @ Pearson Report
    Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone needs some motivation to dream big, great post.
    Do check out my F at GAC a-z

    ReplyDelete